Monday, October 18, 2004

Great Falls

The other day I was in Safeway and I noticed that several of the check out operators were older men. That is something I don't remember ever seeing at home, where it's usually very young guys or women of all ages who have those jobs.

We went to Great Falls yesterday. What a beautiful place, in spite of the crowds of other people also enjoying perfect weather on a Sunday afternoon there. I'm constantly awe inspired by the multitude of trees and the lush greenery everywhere here.

In the evening we were invited out to dinner, where the hostess made a point of cooking quintessentially American food for me: chillie, cornbread, salad, apple pie. All extremely delicious.

And now I'm just about to leave for my second foray into the National Museum of American History.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home