Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Insurance & other matters

My final payment has been received, and now I need to go to the travel agent to fill in an insurance form, which I should be able to do tomorrow. Yesterday I received from Sally US$23 in small denomination notes, just in case we can't find each other at the airport and I have to go to our hotel by taxi. I'm planning to take some traveller's cheques and also to just use my Visa card to get money while I'm there.

I have an interesting list of things to see and do in Washington DC as well as in Maryland. I'm thinking I should also do a search for things of interest in Virginia and perhaps Pennsylvania and Delaware.

Today I made a small purchase towards the trip: a travel pack of baby wipes. I also came up with the idea of tying small strips of fluorescent yellow material to my luggage handles to make it easy to pick out in a crowd, although being green (rather than the ubiquitous black) should make it fairly easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home